Stay informed with auto body industry news and insights from the owners of Marblehead Collision!
How to Choose the Right Auto Repair Shop
When you’re in an accident, you’ll need to find an auto body shop you can trust. It is crucial to find a shop that’s qualified and the right fit for you. Often times insurance companies steer customers in the direction of using a shop from their list. This list highlights repair shops that have an agreement with your insurance company to not charge any amount over what the insurance company dictates. Therefore, it is likely the insurance company will guide you towards the cheapest repair for them. Remember, you have the right to choose.
Here are some tips on how to choose the right repair shop:
- Research ratings from reputable sources
- Word of mouth from trusted people
- Ask questions (Can you help me with a rental? Do you have a process for safety calibrations needed for my vehicle?)
- Convenience (location, scheduling, rental options)
What you need to know about ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems)
ADAS includes anything from windshield cameras to blind spot monitors and so much more. For example, when you are driving down the highway and the light comes on in your mirror when a car is coming up really fast behind you, that’s ADAS. After an accident your vehicle will most likely need these features to be calibrated to make sure they are working correctly.
Here are some tips on ADAS:
- Remember ADAS repairs are common after an accident
- Ask your body shop if they have ADAS calibration equipment. If they don’t, ask, “Who do you partner with?”
- Ask your body shop if they will work with your insurance company to ensure ADAS repairs are covered
We are a proud member of the AASP-MA. AASP-MA strives to advance the industry through education, regulatory enforcement, and legislation to dismantle the control and influence insurers have on consumers and our industry. Please check out the website to learn more AASP MA | Alliance Of Automotive Service Providers Massachusetts