Standard insurance procedure
- Your insurance company will want to look at the damage prior to the vehicle being repaired.
- Contact your insurance company to inform them of the claim.
- They will send an appraiser to inspect the damage or have you drive to an insurance “Drive-In” location (if the vehicle is not drivable, your insurance company will inspect your vehicle at our body shop, tow yard or wherever it may be).
- Once the insurance company inspects the vehicle they will give you a copy of the estimate (or mail you a copy). This estimate is what we will use to repair your vehicle.
- If we find additional or missed damage, we will contact your insurance company once the vehicle is in the body shop. This is called a supplement. Almost all cars have a supplement. It could be additional parts that were not visible until the car was disassembled or maybe a part price increase.
- The insurance company will inspect the vehicle for a 2nd time with a representative from the body shop.
- After this step, we can continue with all the repairs that are needed.